Blog 01

    Forum Composition 1


Blog 1


Intro


 Welcome to Composition, a unique blog where I will be posting content for our class. I will be working with our first lesson on working on the shot and composition. 


Learning good composition is super important for taking a kind of shot for photography. As Bray says “appreciating the elements of good composition will undoubtedly enhance



Theme


For my theme, I wanted to choose something which I see every day and am always at, which is cott. Cott is my favorite place to be and I want to show its beauty by making you feel like your taking a stroll around cott. 



Lines 


For this part of the project, I wanted to start off at the top of Cott and have leading lines following down to the bottom of the amphitheater. I really wanted to showcase the line going down so your eye follows it down. As Bray states, "Lines within an image are one of the most effective ways to enhance the drama through your shot." (Bray, 2011) The way I did this shot was taken from an angle so you can see the black railings going down in a line.


Symmetry 


For this picture I wanted it to be as if she got down from the stairs and started walking towards cott. I thought the pillars and the building made a great shot for symmetry. As her head is in between the pillars and everything is symmetrical even and is very pleasing to the eye. The symmetry is what really makes the photo itself. I found the middle of the photo which is supper important Bray says when taking a photo to “Find the midpoint and be careful to set up the camera so it is square to the subject.”


RULE OF THIRD



For this shot, I wanted to show that I worked the shot and tried from different perspectives for my Rule of thirds shot. I ended up cropping the second one to put her on the rule of thirds. I had her next to the water fountain as it was the next thing you see as you walk through the little walkway to cott. I tried to do exactly as Bray stated like "The method involves figuring the frame into thirds, vertically and horizontally (so it actually becomes ninths), and then using those lines to effectively bisect your image, using the lines to section off areas of the image and using the nodes at which the lines cross as key areas for points of interest." (Bray,2011) 



Other Pictures











Comments