Business Card
By: Carly Dutch
BLOG 02
INTRO
For this assignment, I didn't just want to do any boring old design. I wanted to do something in which showed color and was kinda fun.
I looked on InDesign for standard business cards that didn't look tired and boring until I found this one. I looked at the dimensions that were on Vistaprint after looking at the InDesign business card then I tried to make sure it all fit correctly.
After looking at that all I decided that I thought it would be good to put my name, my major, my number, and my email address. I chose one of the only photos of me that were the only solo shot I have that I thought was good enough for the photo.
Editing
For the first part of my project, I had the first part of the words already on the business card from when it was on there. I moved it around to the left-hand side after separating the text. Then edited the text so that it looked more cohesive.
I wanted to make it look like it flowed all together and make my name a center point something your eyes would be drawn to.
For my icon, I chose something pretty simple to put on as a logo. I designed it off of canva and just wanted a simple clean style which I just put my name on again.
Movement
I had to move most of it around like the text and especially the photo which I had the most trouble with. Although I used the adobe video/text and used to help me with the sizing and resizing. I had to drag and drop then resize it to fit. (Adobe, 2021)
The logo was also really hard to do because I had no idea how to keep it without it going out or super stretching of the frame. Adobe that I needed to grab with the Selection tool and drag it and then resize it. While also resizing the frame and then the graphic. (Adobe, 2021)
Conclusion
Overall this project was very frustrating for me to figure out. I took a lot of time resizing, editing, and moving things around. I had to rewatch videos and look at all the texts to figure out what I was doing wrong. I enjoyed the end result. I personally think it is really pretty.


Comments
Post a Comment